MTU’s Outreach Coordinator will enjoy a diverse variety of tasks falling primarily under the Marketing/Communications and Outreach headings. We seek an experienced, self-motivated, personable individual interested in helping with all external communication needs. MTU’s outreach includes print and digital media production, social and paid media design and placement, event planning and staffing, as well as lots of old-fashioned face-to-face meetings, phone calls, and other exchanges between staff and volunteer leaders, members, partner organizations, and businesses.
· Engage and educate chapter leadership on their regular needs such as financial reporting, membership/recruitment/retention, event planning, and TU tools for successful chapter and volunteer operations.
· Oversee MTU’s website maintenance and updating. Develop a monthly, online newletter/organizational update to members.
· Work with MTU program staff to develop and implement a marketing plan, as well as a plan for regular social and paid media outreach.
· Administer annual Youth Conservation and Fly Fishing Camp – solicit participants, recruit and vet volunteers, interact with parents, organize camp lodging, food, transportation, equipment, daily schedule, tours, etc., and supervise camp.
· Grow MTU’s Montana Brewshed Allianceâacross the state in partnership with chapters.
· Oversee yearly conservation program for Montana fishing guides/outfitters.
· Schedule, design, layout, and produce quarterly newsletter – Trout Line.
· Schedule (date, location, agenda, special presentations/tours) and help plan quarterly State Council meetings in coordination with hosting chapters.
· Coordinate outreach/education, such as Blackfoot River Fund tabling at the Kettlehouse Amphitheater.
· Develop, order and oversee distribution of MTU-logo’d merchandise.
· Draft and/or edit misc. organizational correspondence as needed.
· Assist MTU’s development staff with special events, donor outreach, merchandise, and donor database updates.
· Bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing-related field required.
· Prefer two years of professional experience in outreach, communications, and/or marketing.
· Experience with nonprofit and conservation organizations a plus.
· Experience with all forms of written and oral communications, especially digital and social media.
· Knowledge of Montana geography and fisheries, water quality, and/or water quantity restoration encouraged.
· Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work constructively with diverse partners, community stakeholders, business leaders, volunteers, and people of all ages and backgrounds.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
· Experience with media relations and public outreach.
· Good organizational and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to work independently while managing complex projects.
· Willingness to travel within the region as necessary.
· Passion for protecting and restoring trout streams and their watersheds.
· Ability to provide own transportation may be required. Mileage reimbursed.
· Knowledge of and interest in the Trout Unlimited mission!
How to apply
Please send a one- to two-page letter of interest, resume and three professional references where prompted.