The mini-grant program supports the projects of TU chapters and affiliates in Montana. A TU chapter or affiliate must be the primary applicant. Projects must fit the following criteria:
Habitat Protection & Enhancement Fund Eligibility
- Improve water quality.
- Improve riparian protection, including habitat restoration and acquisition of key conservation properties.
- Enhance stream flows, including investments in water-use efficiency and acquisition or leasing of water and water rights.
- Enhance watershed health.
- Protect important trout habitat from harm.
- Advocate for policy (within the limits of 501 c(3) tax status) affecting the conservation, protection and restoration of wild trout and their habitats.
- Past recipients must have completed and submitted a Final Project Report for any funds received after November 2017.
Steve Bryant Wild Trout Stewardship Fund Eligibility
- Provide educational activities that foster understanding of the biological, cultural and economic values of wild trout.
- Provide education to landowners for conserving wild trout, water quality, streamflows and trout habitat.
- Communicate important conservation messages to the public, elected officials, policymakers and TU members.
- Support research specifically designed to accomplish or contribute to the conservation, protection or restoration of wild trout and their habitats.
- Benefit Montana’s native trout and grayling.
Past recipients must have completed and submitted a Final Project Report for any funds received after November 2017.